Motorcycle Insurance Information
America has over 13 thousand registered motorcycles, over 400 thousand of which are registered in Texas. Motorcycles are fun, exciting vehicles with a culture all their own, and it’s important to keep them and whoever rides with you protected.
Lonestar Insurance Agency
provides comprehensive motorcycle insurance policies at a competitive price. We’ll work closely with you to find the right policy for your bike and your budget.
Texas Motorcycle Insurance Requirements
Motorcycle insurance requirements in Texas are:
- $30,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $60,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 in property damage liability
What We Offer
Some of the motorcycle insurance coverages we offer include:
- Comprehensive: Comprehensive coverage provides compensation for damage or loss of the bike due to fire, hail, wind, theft, vandalism and other incidents not involving collision.
- Collision: Collision coverage provides compensation for damage or loss of the bike due to collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability: Liability insurance covers expenses related to bodily injury and property damage the driver may cause while operating the insured motorcycle.
- Medical Payments: Medical payments coverage helps with the medical expenses of the driver and their passengers after an accident, no matter who is at fault for the accident.
- Guest Passenger Liability: Guest passenger liability covers medical expenses for passengers on the bike that occur in an accident that is declared at the insured driver’s fault.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This insurance covers accidents involving a driver not carrying insurance.
There are also policy floaters available to cover expensive customized items attached to the bike.
Factors Affecting Your Motorcycle Insurance Rates
Motorcycle insurance rates are calculated based on a lot of the same factors used to calculate your car insurance premiums. This includes your age, gender, credit score, driving record, location and the value of the vehicle as well as coverage limits. Be sure to ask a Lonestar Insurance Agency
professional about how to save money on your motorcycle insurance today!
Frequently Asked Motorcycle Insurance Questions
How Much Motorcycle Insurance Do I Need?
Everyone’s needs are different when it comes to motorcycle insurance coverage limits. If you’re not sure about how much coverage your motorcycle needs, Contact Us
today to discuss your insurance options!
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
Motorcycle insurance works to cover the vehicle, driver, passengers and everyone else on the road from accidents.
Is Motorcycle Insurance Required in Texas?
As in most states, Texas requires motorcycle drivers to carry and maintain a certain amount of liability insurance.
If I Let a Friend Ride My Motorcycle, Are They Covered if They Cause an Accident?
Anyone who has permission to operate the motorcycle should be covered under your insurance or their personal auto insurance, depending on the circumstances.
Motorcycle Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.